What We Do
The Laguna de Santa Rosa Foundation works to restore and conserve the Laguna de Santa Rosa, and to inspire public appreciation for this Sonoma County Wetland of International Importance.
For 28 years, the Laguna Foundation has been the voice for Sonoma County’s most spectacular land and water asset - The Laguna de Santa Rosa.
Working closely with our partners and collaborators on conservation, restoration and education programs, we focus our efforts to:
- Collaborate with landowners, government agencies, businesses and the agricultural community to improve water quality and groundwater resources for all.
- Protect threatened and endangered plants and animals by restoring habitat.
- Attract ground-breaking scientific research to the Laguna watershed.
- Bring together technical experts, land managers and policymakers to create effective climate adaptation strategies that preserve natural resources, biodiversity, and ecosystem services.
- Remove invasive species including water primrose, pepperweed, Harding grass and pennyroyal.
- Educate and inspire people of all ages to appreciate the Laguna through school programs, workshops, and volunteer opportunities.
Dear Community. We want to let you know that all staff and board members are safe and accounted for, but several have lost their homes. We know many of our volunteers, partners, friends and neighbors have also suffered great losses, and our thoughts are with all of you.
• Laguna Foundation offices and Stone Farm have been untouched by the fires so far. We are thankful to still have power, water, internet and phones, and are open during the week approx. 10am-3pm, and we look forward to visitors.
• Please keep an eye on our website and social media for updates about programs that may need to be canceled or rescheduled.
Please be safe, and look after your family, friends and neighbors.
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
Laguna Stewards workday
Saturday, Nov. 18, 9am-Noon
Join us for a morning of Laguna Stewards restoration work. Details will be posted here.
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
Laguna In the News
Press Democrat, Mary Callahan
"California Coastal Cleanup Day coming Saturday, Needs volunteers in Sonoma County"
Interview with Clint McKay about the Weaving Memories and Laguna Stories Presentation on September 7
Interview with Bev Scottland about Wings, Wine and Wetlands - A Benefit for the Laguna Foundation on September 24
Check Out Our Events
Due to area fires, some events have changed. Please see updates here. Also, there are community members who would like to attend events, but have limited financial resources. If you'd like to make a donation to our public education programs so that we can offer free spots for talks, walks and workshops, please contact Anita Smith, (707) 527-9277, ext. 110. Thank you.
- Earth to Art workshop, with Ane Carla Rovetta, October 21. Details.
- Watershed Report and Pie Party, with Dr. Wendy Trowbridge, October 26. Details. CANCELLED
- Using Archaeology to Reconstruct Trade Patterns, presentation with Dr. Jay Reti, November 2. Details.
- Cosmic Comedy with Swami Beyondananda, November 4. Details.
- Making and Identifying Stone Tools, workshop with Dr. Jay Reti, November 5. Details.
- Tule Twined Basket, workshop with Charlie Kennard, Nov 11. Details.
- What's in a Name: Stories Behind Northbay Place Names, presentation with Dr. Mara Vejby, November 18. Details.
- Photography workshop, with Dave Strauss, December 9. Details.